Use Pixlr to make easy edits.
|Placement||Recommended Dimensions||File Size|
|Hero image, full width||1920 pixels width, any height||< 900KB|
|Thumbnail image||Less than 600 pixels||< 600KB|
File Sizes: The goal is to get your image files as small as possible. Files sizes are measured in kilobytes (KB), then megabytes (MB), gigabytes (GB) and even larger are terabytes (TB). Few to none of your images should exceed 1MB.
- Go to pixlr.com.
- Once on the home page, click Open Image.
- This will dropdown a browsing window. Navigate to where the image is saved and click Open.
- Your image will open in an editor with a bunch of different tools.
- Select the Properties tool from the left sidebar.
- Click Resize Image from the Properties panel.
- Input your dimensions and click Apply.
Don't forget to save your image! Keep scrolling to see how.
- In the left sidebar, click the Crop icon.
- Click and drag the corners and side toggles to crop the shape you need.
- Click Apply in the bottom left to apply the settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save.
- The window will open with your setting options.
- Adjust your setting options:
File Name - Type a name that accurately describes the image.
File Type - Choose JPG for solid images, or PNG for images that require transparency.
Quality - Can be adjusted to reduce file size. Keep settings on high and around 60% or more for crisp images.
- Click Download to save your image. The image will be saved in your default Downloads folder.